In Nov '22 we send you an email about our plans with ImpressPages Migration, previously we utilized ImpressPages for all of our content websites because of its ease of use, however the company behind ImpressPages has stopped operating. The final update to ImpressPages was made in 2018. Since updates are required to keep websites going & hackers out, we had to find a new solution and have subsequently started to move all of our websites over to WordPress. Since Nov we have reminded users monthly about the need to migrate your website.
In order to reduce the risk of hosting outdated ImpressPages code on the server, we asked in Nov '22, that all ImpressPages sites need to be migrated to WordPress or you need to move your site to a new host provider that will and can host an ImpressPages website. The cut-off date to stop hosting ImpressPages websites were set to 31 May 2023
- 1st May - Final notice to migrate
- 10th May - If no response was received to cancel your hosting, we start to convert your website to a STATIC WEBSITE. That means we keep your layout & content, BUT your website will no longer have the ability to make ANY content edits.
- Your website forms will also stop to work, so we have to replace your forms with remotely hosted forms.
- Cost to convert website to a static site & convert one email form is R880.00. If you have more forms a quote will be provided.
- PLEASE NOTE : Converting your website to a static site WILL CHANGE your page names and this will affect your search engine results!
Final Opportunity to move to WordPress!
- We recreate your current design in WordPress OR give you a new custom design if you so wish.
- We copy the content from your current site to the new design.
- We add the new features depending on your needs.
The cost to recreate your site & copy content for up to 10 pages is (from the 1ste April) R3750 (see T&C's)
With new designs, more pages or addressing new needs we will discuss and give you a quote.
From start to go live it takes less than 14 days and you are ready to start 2023 on a fresh note!
Sites that have done the move..
- The FAQ website was migrated and we added a FluentCRM plugin to manage newsletters (as this one you are reading now) & Fluent Support plugin to track service requests.
- AgriWater Treatment Specialists (Pty) Ltd, was migrated and we added FluentCRM to manage automated follow-up email & newsletters when an online enquiry is received.
- Du Plessis Motors, the VW dealer in Oudtshoorn were migrated and FluentCRM was setup to track online enquiries per make & model and auto reply to enquirers to confirm that the enquiry was received while adding them to the newsletter system & linking each enquiry to a make & model for further follow-up that can be used when new model stock arrive.
- 2BeBrilliant, a people development and need-based people training and skills solutions company in Pretoria, was migrated with better spam protection and using a template that is e-learning ready, since they started quoting on solutions that will move some of their training to be provided online.
- We migrated Volmoed Quarries & Van Der Berg Vervoer in Oudtshoorn and their new online shop will be going live early in '23 to move a traditional business selling "brick & sand" online.
YES, we will create a blank WordPress site and send you the login details.
- Any additional support provided will be billed at normal support rates.
- Free hosting for the new WordPress website will be provided for a month, if longer time is required you will be billed for an addition web hosting package.
- The ImpressPages website will be deleted by 31 May '23.
Complete the form & we'll make contact.
- The offer to recreate your site in WordPress at a cost of R3750. (The offer of R3400 was LIMITED to orders placed before 20 Feb '23).
- Price include and is limited to recreate your current design in WordPress and transfer up to 10 pages.
- Your monthly hosting will stay the same.
- In order to reduce the risk of hosting outdated ImpressPages code on the server, we need to set a date by which all ImpressPages sites need to be migrated to WordPress or you need to move your site to a new host provider that will and can host an ImpressPages website. The cut-off date for hosting ImpressPages websites are set to 31 May 2023.