CONTENT MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS (CMS)
Content management systems are the tools we (or you) use to update websites. Some (most) editing tool are online and require very little official training and to some extend can be used by every online user and the end results depend LARGELY on your creativity & time available.
Some of the most often used CMS systems are WordPress, Joomla!, Blogger, Drupal & TYPO3.
We exclusively use WordPress:
- Market standard
- Most often chosen by developers & designers
- Large developer base and endless options & modules.
- We have standardised on WPAstra as our template partner for developing and maintaining fast loading, mobile compliant websites & further enhanced our offering with Beaver Builder to give our website a "drag & drop" live editing capability. - NO CODING and DEVELOPMENT NEEDED!
- We can train you to update your client websites or provide the maintenance service for you.
BLOGS & FORUMS
Blogs and forums are used then you wish to interact with your users and get feedback on articles you post.
- The focus is on the article and normally is based around a well written articles with supporting images or pictures.
- It is created by the owner / webmaster / admin person.
- Users may provide feedback on what is published.
- The focus is on allowing the users to start the discussion or topic.
- Discussions are less formal, may or may not contain images and is less formal
- Normally moderated by admin staff
SHOPPING CART SYSTEMS
When your client need to sell more that one product and users will have to "add products to a cart" in order to calculate how much the order will be the best solution is normally to run a shopping cart on your website. We use Woocommerce to manage products, taking orders, tracking stock, managing discounts & promotions and normally will integrate with:
- One or more payment gateways like Yoco, Payfast or Snapscan to receive payment by credit card.
- Integrate with Uafrica for courier services
We will assist your on the paperwork required to apply for each of the listed services and provide you with a content plan to discuss with the client to assist them in getting or writing the content to create a website.
Please contact us to discuss your marketer support services.